Pictures 7-5 and 7-6.

In the upper picture, Jackson car 961 is in the long block of S. Rampart between Common Street/Tulane Avenue and Canal Street, approaching Canal, May 4, 1947.  This view looks toward Tulane Avenue.  The lower photo shows car 929, also working the Jackson line, in a 1943 photo looking in the opposite direction.  The car in front of 929 is a 400-class Southern Car Co. car on the St. Charles Belt line.  In 1947, the St. Charles Belt was rerouted from S. Rampart to Liberty Street, and Jackson was converted to a trolley coach line. Elliott Kahn photo, collection of J. G. Lachaussee (upper); collection of Earl Hampton (lower)

NOPSI_961-Jackson-SRampart-NearCanalSt-1947-05-04-EMK-JGLColl.jpg

NOPSI_929-Jackson-SRampart+Canal.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture