Pictures 8-9 and 8-10.

We are at the Tchoupitoulas Street terminal of the Napoleon line.  Cars 953 (in April 1951) and 966 (on March 18, 1950) have just pulled up to the terminal and discharged their last inbound passengers.  The conductors are already loading waiting outbound passengers.  The motormen, unseen here, are busy reversing the ends of the car: reversing the seats, putting up the trolley pole at this end of the car, and pulling down the pole at the other end.  Note the fellow with his brown-bag lunch preparing to board car 966.  The track continued to our right across Tchoupitoulas Street, connecting into Napoleon Material Yard. Otto Goessl photo (lower)

NOPSI_953-Napoleon-Tchoupitoulas-terminal-1951-04.jpg

NOPSI_966-Napoleon-Tchoupitoulas_terminal-1950-03-18.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture