Picture 10-9.5.

Tulane Belt car 830 is stopped for passengers, outbound on Tulane Ave.  At the right, a waiting rider leans out looking for a St. Charles Belt car to take her toward Canal Street.  Screens were used on the windows of some 800s around the period 1948 to 1951 on cars assigned to the Tulane and St. Charles Belt lines.  They were intended to protect riders from shrubs on the St. Charles Ave. neutral ground, but they were unpopular, and were removed.  The window posts of car 830 here show the mounting studs from the screens after their removal. Collection of William Nixon

NOPSI_830-Tulane.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture