Two Tulane Belt cars riverbound on S. Carrollton Ave. at the carbarn lead into Jeanette Street, eight years apart. The top picture features car 401 passing the curve into Jeanette on August 29, 1942. In the second photo, car 857 is dropping off a passenger some time in 1950. Note the white wooden car stop post with its pyramidal peak in the second picture. We have a glimpse of the extra rail for standard gauge operation, obsolete since 1929. The scene today is much the same, with the notable exception that the car is signed St. Charles rather than Tulane.
Previous Picture | Next Picture