Pictures 10-40 and 10-41.

During World War II, NOPSI painted car 832 in this patriotic livery advertising the sale of war bonds.  The car moved around the entire system, and from time to time, the message on its side was changed slightly.  We see it in the upper view, probably the earlier of these two photos, signed for the Tulane Belt on the ladder track in Jeanette Street at Carrollton Station.  In the lower photo, at the same location in April 1943, the car sides carry a different war bonds message.  The car is signed Special and Car House, and is probably fresh out of the paint shop. D. R. Toye, S. J., Kenner Train Shop (Chris Rodriguez) collection, courtesy of Mike Palmieri (top photo)

NOPSI_832_WarBonds-CarrolltonSta.jpg

NOPSI_832-PatrioticLivery-CarrolltonSta-1943-04-12.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture