St. Louis-built car 1013 has just arrived at Canal Street on N. Rampart and discharged its passengers, May 3, 1942. The crew has not yet reversed the trolley poles for the return trip. Note that the shelter, seen in 1947 in the previous and the next pictures, has not yet been built, but the gnarled tree near it is present. The Loew's Theater and its prominent sign are on the far side of Canal Street.
Previous Picture | Next Picture