Picture 11-8.3 and 11-8.4.

On the east side of the Industrial Canal, the St. Claude streetcar line left St. Claude Avenue and followed narrower city streets, eventually working its way toward the river and its terminal across the St. Bernard Parish line at the American Sugar Refinery.  In these two photos, we see St. Louis cars 1010 and 1017 working their way out Delery Street on their upbound (inbound) trips to Canal Street.  It is May 15, 1940, and WPA workmen are constructing gutters on Delery near the entrance to the Jackson Barracks. New Orleans Public Library collection

NOPSI1010-StClaude-Delery-1940-05-15.jpg

NOPSI1017-StClaude-Delery-1940-05-15.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture