Picture 16-3.

This picture looks out from the layover area at the foot of Canal Street.  The Custom House, at the corner of Peters and Canal, is in the background.  Freret is another route which never came to the loop and layover area at the foot of Canal.  It gave up to rubber tired vehicles December 1, 1946. D. R. Toye, S. J., Kenner Train Shop (Chris Rodriguez) collection, courtesy of Mike Palmieri

NOPSI_825-fake-Freret.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture