Pictures 19-1, 19-2, and 19-3.

This is the former interurban freight car, built by Brill in 1915.  It saw service on the Toledo & Western as number 80, and later on the Toledo & Indiana as number 54.  It came to Gaylord in October 1939.  The other side of the car was removed so that materials, such as huge rolls of paper, could be quickly loaded and unloaded.  The first and third photos are dated 1960; the middle photo is probably from about the same time. Collection of Jerry Squier, courtesy of Scott Richards (middle)

ExToledo+Ind-1960.jpg

ExToledo+Ind-2.jpg

ExToledo+Ind-3-1960-01-B+W.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture