Picture 33.5.

This stereoptican card also looks outward toward the St. Charles Street intersection, but it is a bit unusual in that we see more of the roadway than of the Clay statue or the horsecars.  We have a good view of the ballast block paving of the roadway, and of the open gutter on the edge of the neutral ground, with a crossing bridge for pedestrian convenience.  At the right we have a glimpse of Mr. Clay and of the starter's house for the terminal of the Magazine and Prytania lines.  Since the lighting tower at the Carondelet Street intersection is missing, we can date this photograph to before 1887. Woodward & Albee

Stereo2N2.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture