Pictures 4 and 4.5.

Car 453 sunning itself at Canal Station around 1940, before its move to Napoleon Yard.  We have a good view of the doors installed at the car's last rebuild, folding doors similar to those on the Perley Thomas cars.  (Compare to the doors seen in Picture 1.)  In the upper picture, the car is signed St. Charles, and in the lower Special with a destination of City Park, but the signs are meaningless. Collections of Louis Hennick (upper) and of author Friedman (lower)

NOPSI_453-CanalSta-c1940.jpg

NOPSI_453-CanalSta.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture