This view, postmarked 1911, is west along Main Street in Champaign.
The cross street in the foreground is Walnut. The track to the north
(right) leads to the depot. There is a full wye in the intersection.
The interurban car approaching us on Main Street will probably turn south
(to our left) and back across the intersection into the stub terminal.
The street railway and interurban offices and the interurban depot shared
space in the business office of J. B. & W. B. McKinley since the DU&C
began interurban service between Champaign and Danville in 1903. —
C. U. Williams Photoette
Previous Picture |