Cars 42 and 43 were probably built by American Car Co. in 1905 or 1906.
They were a little shorter than cars 39-41, having 7 windows instead of 8.
Car no. 42 is seen here in front of the Hickory St. car barn in another of the 1910
pictures taken just before modification for PAYE operation. Compare the
vestibule windows, here a pair, with the configurations of cars 31 and 41 in
previous pictures. — Illinois Power Co. Archives, courtesy of Dale Jenkins
Previous Picture |