Pictures 14A-24 and 14A-25.
Cars no. 60-62 were built by St. Louis Car Co. in 1912 on order #953.
The first and only double-truck city cars in Champaign-Urbana, they were
41 feet long and rode on St. Louis 99B trucks. Despite their length,
they each had only a single trolley pole. Note the roof-mounted gongs.
Car 60 is seen in the upper picture, and car 62 in the lower. Both
are marked for Church St. on the off-center side route sign. The
logo in the center of the side panel is the same shape as the parent ITS
system logo, but has the words Champaign and Urbana in its wings, with
the intertwined letters C and U in the center.
— Don T. Thrall photos, William C. Janssen collection
Previous Picture |