Pictures 14B-2 and 14B-3.
Cars 136 and 137 were obtained in 1903 from the American Car Co. of St. Louis.  They were 12 feet longer than 134 and 135, and were assigned to the Limited runs between Danville and Champaign.  In the top picture, note “The Limited” sign across the first window of the car, between and above the heads of the motorman and the conductor.  The second picture shows car 136 at the St. Joseph depot. — C. E. Armstrong, R. E. Bowser, & M. L. Carr, Interurban Car Tests on the Illinois Traction System, University of Illinois thesis, 1905 (top picture)



Previous Picture | Next Picture