Picture 14D-2.
The UI test car in its revised livery, as operated by the Railway Engineering Department.  The car is seen here on Green Street about 1908, looking south from Engineering Hall toward University Hall, whose tower can be seen above the trees to the right.  (University Hall was on the site presently occupied by the Illini Union.) University of Illinois Engineering Publications Office

Previous Picture | Next Picture