The upper picture shows a line of city and ITS interurban cars on the northeast quadrant of Lincoln Square, turning onto E. Main Street. The ITS car in the left foreground is turning onto W. Main on its way to Springfield. This view is postmarked 1908. City car 34, in the center foreground, is seen in its initial configuration. The lower picture features sister car 33 at about the same location, signed for the Water Street line. The 30-37 class cars were built in 1899 by St. Louis Car Co. for the Decatur Traction and Electric Co. This is a typical turn of the century wooden car of an ITS city car line.
Previous Picture | Next Picture