Information cannot be copyrighted. A particular collection of information in a particular format can be. This collection is copyright © 2001 by H. George Friedman, Jr.
1a. Joseph (Yossef) Bernard FRIEDMAN (FRIEDMANN),
b. 1/21/1841 in Courland (Kurland, part of present day Latvia; also reported
variously as Poland, Russia, and Germany), son of H. FRIEDMANN and Mary
FRIEDMANN; migrated to New York; fought for the North in the Civil War;
mustered out somewhere in the south; was living in Holly Springs, Marshall
County, in northern Mississippi at the 1870 census; settled in Boutte, LA in 1871 and
kept a retail store; served in St. Charles Parish at various times as president
of the police jury (the governing body of the parish), justice of the peace,
coroner, and postmaster; murdered in Boutte
6/11/1888; bur. in Gates of Prayer Canal St. cemetery in New Orleans;
m. (1) 3/13/1870 in St. Louis, MO Tillie (Toveh) PEISER (PYSER), b. 7/25/1853
in New York, d. 10/25/1878, possibly in childbirth (there seems to be an infant
sharing her grave in Gates of Prayer Canal St. cemetery in New Orleans;
see the tombstone inscription);
daughter of Eliezer PEISER. They settled at first in Holly Springs, but
moved to Boutte by 1871.
0. Infant FRIEDMAN, b. c. 4/20/1871, d. 4/30/1871 age 10 days in St. Charles Parish, LA.
1. Miriam FRIEDMAN, b. 7/13/1872 in New Orleans, LA, d. 8/29/1893 age 21 in New Orleans, bur. in Gates of Prayer Canal St. cemetery in New Orleans; m. 9/19/1888 in New Orleans Nathan FRIEDLANDER, b. 1/5/1856 in New Orleans, d. 8/29/1893 in New Orleans, bur. in Hebrew Rest Cemetery in New Orleans, son of Samuel J. FRIEDLANDER, b. c. 1812 in Wurtemburg, Germany, d. 3/25/1886 age 74, and Lena LEVY, b. c. 1819 in Oberndorf, Germany, d. 9/28/1881 age 62. On 8/29/1893, Nathan shot his son (who recovered), shot and killed his wife, and shot and killed himself.
Samuel Joseph FRIEDLANDER, b. 6/1/1890 in Texas, d. 10/9/1922 in Covington, LA;
m. 6/16/1918 Edna Mae de la HOUSSAYE, b. c. 1890 in LA.
2. Ettie (Etta, Esther) FRIEDMAN, b. 7/13/1875 in New Orleans, d. 8/1968 in New Orleans; m. 3/19/1894 in New Orleans John Edward COTTON, b. c. 1870, d. 10/30/1935 age 65, s/o John Edward COTTON and Josephine(?) Ger___; no children; lived in Covington, LA.
3a. William L. "Willie" FRIEDMAN, b. 1/22/1876 in New Orleans or Boutte, d. 10/11/1940 in Houston, TX; m. (1) 9/5/1899 in St. Bernard Parish, LA Lucille BARTHE, b. 9/1879 in LA, d. 1/13/1904 in New Orleans (both of her parents were b. in France).
3b. William "Willie" FRIEDMAN; m. (2) c. 1907 Amelia C. KLING, b. 10/16/1877 in Thibodaux, LA, d. 12/4/1967 in Houston, TX.
4. Eva FRIEDMAN, b. 11/7/1877 in New Orleans, d. 3/19/1956 in Los Angeles, CA; m. 12/30/1896 in St. Tammany Parish Peter J. "Pete" DARDIS, Sr., d. 12/17/1919.
1b. Joseph Bernard FRIEDMAN m. (2) 10/17/1880
in New Orleans, LA Bertha REICHENBERG (ROTHENBERG,
REICHBERG, ROSCHENBERG), b. 7/7/1860 in Frankfort am Main, Germany,
d. 5/1/1908 in Boutte, LA, bur. in Gates of Prayer Canal St. cemetery in
New Orleans (see Reichenberg 1.9).
1a. Rosa "Rosie" FRIEDMAN, b. 8/7/1881, d. 8/20/1945 in New Orleans; m. (1) 1/25/1899 in New Orleans Winfield Harold Scott TINNEY, b. 2/8/1868, d. 5/24/1909, before birth of son Bill (s/o Edward Benton TINNEY, b. 2/12/1813 in Springfield, KY, d. 4/20/1903 in Paradis, St. Charles Parish, LA, m. 12/23/1860 Laura Marie BEELMAN (BULMAN), b. 4/15/1838 in NY, d. 9/12/1887 in St. Charles Parish, LA).
1b. Rosa FRIEDMAN;
m. (2) 6/6/1914 in New Orleans Charles Ernest "Alex" ALEXANDER, b. 2/14/1978
in Reserve, LA, d. 1/31/1958, his 2nd m.; no children. C. E. Alexander
had 4 sons by his first wife, Anna PITRE.
2. Leah FRIEDMAN, b. 11/1883, d. 1/13/1945; m. between 1910 and 1914 Alcibiade(s) "Jeff" deBLANC, b. 1883, d. 4/13/1951.
3. Harry FRIEDMAN "Dad",
b. 1/7/1885 in Boutte, LA, d. 10/26/1952 in Houston, TX; m.
10/27/1906 Mary Eleda LANDRY "Mom"
4a. Tillie FRIEDMAN, b. 9/26/1887 in Boutte, LA, d. 1/17/1971 in Houston, TX; m. (1) 11/14/1906 in New Orleans, LA Thomas Staples Taylor McCULLOCH, b. 6/1/1884 in Cooks Town, Tyrone County, Ireland (Orange, but now in Eire), arrived in USA in New York from Londonderry, Ireland 6/12/1904 aboard ship Anchoria, d. 12/6/1916 in Covington, LA, son of Hugh McCULLOCH, b. 1852, and Harriet Margaret CUTHBERT, b. 1863 (Thomas had about 9 siblings); 2 sons.
4b. Tillie FRIEDMAN;
m. (2) 11/15/1945 in Houston, TX Ed
WEINBERG (his 2nd m.); no children.
2. Marcus FRIEDMAN; m. Liabe LIBERTHAL.
1. William Bernard FRIEDMAN, b. 2/4/1866 in Kurland (Courland), migrated to USA in 1885, d. 8/7/1927 in Montgomery, AL; m. 1898 Etta (Ettie, Ethel) LIPSON, b. 3/10/1876 in California, d. 6/9/1958 in Atlanta, GA.
2. ______ FRIEDMAN (F); m. ______ JACKSON.
Computer Science Department, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Home Page
H. George Friedman, Jr. Home Page
Friedman Genealogy Index Page