Pictures 85 and 85.1.

Three generations of streetcars peek out of the door of Carrollton Station car barn, the upper in August 1995, the lower on October 30, 1995.  At the left is work car 29, which was built as a passenger car to the Ford, Bacon & Davis (FB&D) design in 1896.  At the right is one of the Perley Thomas cars for the St. Charles line, built in 1924.  And between them is Philadelphia PCC car 2166, built by St. Louis Car Co. in 1948, and bought by RTA from the Southeast Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) for parts. Photo by the author (upper)

slide095.jpg

NORTA__29+PCC2166+903-1995-10-30.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture