This 1930s view looks in toward the river from Crozat/Saratoga. The curve in the foreground to the photographer's left leads into Crozat Street, to the loop for Spanish Fort trains. The curve to the photographer's right is for use of Tulane Belt cars, running via Saratoga from Canal St. to Tulane Ave. These were two of only three streetcar left turns in Canal Street after the 1929 rebuilding. The Southern Railway depot is at the left, with the Saenger and Loew's theaters beyond, across from each other. Note how the R of Saenger is not yet blocked from view; compare Pictures 226 and 227, which must be later than this one. — E. C. Kropp Co.
Previous Picture | Next Picture