Picture 240.8.

A passenger exits the rear door of Tulane car 420 under the careful gaze of the conductor, who is grasping the bell cord ready to signal his motorman as soon as the passenger has safely alighted, June 10, 1947.  The car is on the inner track, riverbound at Magazine St.  The car in front of 420 is probably an 800-class car on the Cemeteries or West End line.  Note how the rear doors are folding doors, but the front doors are sliding doors, on the 400-class cars.  The Weil Bros. Co., seen at the right at the corner of Canal and Magazine, was a manufacturer of hats and a wholesaler of hats and dresses. Fred Victor DuBrutz photo

Previous Picture | Next Picture