Picture 261.

The second of the 800-972 class cars, Brill-built number 801, heads out on Canal Street, probably about 1950.  The track in the right corner foreground is the outer track used by St. Charles Belt cars (see Picture 259).  It appears to still be an active track, so this picture probably predates the end of the St. Charles-Tulane Belt lines in early 1951.  The Southern Railway depot is behind the streetcar, and the Saenger Theater marquee still dominates the scene at the corner of Rampart and Canal. Charles Houser

Previous Picture | Next Picture