West End cars 900, outbound (lakebound), and 902, inbound (riverbound), pass near Canal Station. The view is similar to that of Picture 274. The white building in the left-center of this picture is seen in the center background of Picture 274. At the left, behind the pole in the foreground of this picture, is a bracket arm carrying the trolley wire for the third track, which connects to the car barn lead tracks. The presence of low-numbered 900-series cars on the Canal Street lines suggests a date of about 1947 or later. The West End line was abandoned in March 1950, putting an upper limit on the date of this photo.
Previous Picture | Next Picture