The end of the New Street line, the corner of Green and Prospect.
At the time this picture was taken, perhaps 10 or 20 years after the inauguration
of the New Street line, this area still seems to be rather sparsely settled;
compare this location today! It is not known why there were three
carmen present. Notes on the back of the original identify them as
F. Slithey (perhaps Frank Silkey), H. Earl, and E. S. H. (perhaps Ed Hall).
Car no. 707 was one of a group built by Danville Car Co. in 1908 for the
Illinois Traction System city lines. — Don T. Thrall photo, William C.