The Tremont Street car barn is seen in its initial form in 1894.
It was built in October 1892 in the vacated right-of-way of Tremont Street,
on the east side of Hickory Street. Inside, it had five tracks, connected
by a transfer table to the Tremont Street track. It measured 50 x
100 feet. It was modified in 1902, and again in 1906, when it was
converted to a shop building. — C. Trego and O. E. Goldschmidt, Tests of
Efficiency of the U. & C. Electric Street Railway, University of Illinois
Previous Picture |