Picture 7-7.

The original trolley coach equipment for the Jackson line was from the 1947 and 1948 coaches built by St. Louis Car Co.  About 1962, when those coaches were retired, 48-seat Marmon-Herrington coaches, built in 1949, were assigned.  Here is Marmon-Herrington coach 1359 on Canal Street, with a GMC diesel bus behind it in a line of traffic, March 31, 1964. Stephen Scalzo collection

NOPSI1359-Jackson-Canal+University-1964-03-31.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture