Pictures 10.5-1 and 10.5-2.

In 1941, after Poland Station had been closed for seven years, the City of New Orleans decided to erect a police station on the site.  The police station was built first, next to the old car barn, necessitating a long, narrow building, as seen in the top picture.  Afterward, the old streetcar station was dismantled, as seen in the lower photo. New Orleans Public Library (top photo)

Fifth_Dist_police_sta_with_Poland_sta.jpg

PolandSta-1941.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture