Cars no. 31 and 32 were built by Brill in 1900 on order #10153,
and were delivered in August. Each car seated 40 passengers.
They were delivered as open platform cars, a typical configuration in 1900.
The upper photo shows the first attempt to enclose the vestibule, at least
partially; there were still no doors at the top of the steps. This is
probably the condition of the car around 1905 or so. Note the gleaming
paint on the curved side, literally a mirror finish. In the second photo,
from 1910, the vestibules have been completely enclosed with no right-front
door, and a roof-mounted route sign has been added. Compare to car no. 27 in
Picture 14A-8.5. — Illinois Power Co. Archives
Previous Picture |