Cars no. 33-38 were acquired second hand from Cleveland, Ohio, probably
between 1902 and 1904. They appear to have been built by Brill or American
Car Co., possibly around 1902. The 6 cars comprised the largest single car
order for the system at that time. They were a little longer than the 1900
cars, no. 31-32. Here, we see no. 33 somewhere in Urbana as Mrs.
Jessie Freeman Campbell collected for a charity fund drive, perhaps the
annual “Trolley Day” held to benefit Burnham Hospital.
— Champaign County Historical Society (#239 lower)
Previous Picture |