Pictures 26 and 27.

Two slightly later views of Lincoln Square and the Transfer House, looking to the northeast.  The upper card is postmarked 1921.  Several single truck city cars are bound from N. Main to E. Main, while a more modern double truck arch roofed city car (possibly one of the 1913 St. Louis Car Co. 800-803 class) rounds the curve on the west side of the square.  The lower view probably dates from the late 1920s.  There is a considerable crowd around the Transfer House, but the only cars visible are a two-car ITS interurban train approaching from N. Main to turn onto E. Main and head for the ITS depot. E. C. Kropp Co. (upper), Wait Cahill Co. (lower)

Card07A.jpg

Card07B.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture